Covid 19 pandemic practice update May 2022
- The practice Covid 19 Safety Plan complies with Business and Worksafe Tasmania and is endorsed by the Australian Dental Association (ADA).
- The ADA levels of restrictions in dental practice have been replaced by Risk management principles with special importance on screening.
The orthodontic practice is classified high risk (healthcare practice) by Business Tasmania.
- Masks remain mandatory to attend the surgery for all adults and teenagers.
- You cannot attend if you are unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms.
- Covid-19 close contacts cannot attend in their 7 day period (even with a mask).
Please call the surgery on 6224 0586 to reschedule accordingly.
Appointments and limitations:
- Disruption to people at the practice, many patients and their families is ongoing. Please test if you have Covid-19 symptoms and follow all health instructions.
- When the practice is required to temporarily close due to Covid-19 exposure or furlough of workers, a message will be placed on the answerphone and website at the earliest opportunity.
- If the phone rings out, please do try again as phone line is busy.
- If the practice is unattended, you will hear an answer phone message
Location and surgery hours
We are located on the ground floor of Surrey House, 199 Macquarie St, Hobart 7000.
The office is open 8am to 5pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday and Friday hours are 8am to 1pm. Patients are scheduled four days a week; Wednesday is a patient free day for treatment planning.
From 1 May 2003, Dr Cooper has required a written referral be at the practice before a new patient consultation is scheduled. This policy is to ensure all new patients have recently had a dental checkup and that referral is appropriate.
New patient 30 minute specialist consultations offered 9.30am and 3pm. You do not require radiographs before the appointment if your dental provider has not provided on referral.
With some exceptions, referrals for new patient consultations temporarily closed 2 August 2021. Referrals remain open to children of OHST for diagnosis to assist their oral care.
2022 is my 40th year in dental practice and 34th year in orthodontic practice.
- I no longer accept referrals for comprehensive fixed ‘braces’ appliance treatment as my focus is on management of existing patients of the practice.
- I am happy to accept referrals for children from private practice or OHST for diagnosis to assist oral care together with appropriate early intervention.
Appointments and patient responsibility
Orthodontic patients in active treatment with fixed or removable appliances have priority to preferred early and late appointments. Sharing (alternate appointments where possible) of preferred appointment times before 9.15am and from 3.30pm makes it fair for all patients who are equally valued.
With exception of first consultation, reminders for appointments are not offered.Please make a note in your diary, smart device and / or calendar; this is your responsibility thank you.
Patient cooperation is essential for optimal treatment progress and outcome.
Please do consider how you or your child will be able to attend for appointments during the day, the Appointment Scheduling Policy is available in the waiting room for you to take home.
Strict universal infection control procedures are used in the practice and comply with A/NZ Standard 4815 and the AHPRA requirements.
About Dr Cooper
Dr Cooper was educated in Tasmania and graduated B.D.S. from the University of Adelaide in 1983 and M.D.S from University of Adelaide in 1990. Dr Cooper is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and a full member of the Australian Society of Orthodontists Inc. She is a Patron of The Australian Society of Orthodontists Foundation for Research and Education.
Dr Cooper is a suitable title for children. Senior high school and college students, adult patients, parents and grandparents are encouraged to use her first name.
Stephanie has been in orthodontic practice in Hobart since 1993. She provides all diagnostic consultations and procedures, active orthodontic treatment and retention supervision at the practice.